Oxford Partners with Japanese co. for Asian Sales
Oxford Performance Materials Inc. and Tokyo-based JSR Corp. have formed a partnership to boost sales of OPM’s 3D-printed orthopedic devices and biomedical and dental materials throughout Asia.
OPM and JSR agreeed to establish operations in Japan under the name OPM Asia, with an exclusive regional license to use OPM’s proprietary biomedical technology, DeFelice said. JSR will provide the financial backing for the venture that will enable the establishment of a “world-class biomedical manufacturing and market development operation,” he said.
DeFelice will be CEO of OPM Asia and a member of its board of directors along with Plishtin and one member selected by JSR. “The Asia operation will market products to a territory including Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and India. ”DeFelice said.
According to spinereview, Here are four things to know:
1. The FLX Platform consists of 3D-printed, all-titanium devices Here are four things to know:
1. The companies will create a biomedical manufacturing and market development operation in Japan called OPM Asia.
2. OPM Asia holds an exclusive regional license that allows it to expand in an area which includes Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and India, among other countries.
3. The joint venture will allow the companies to use OPM’s proprietary OsteoFab 3-D printing technology and other materials technology.
4. The manufacturing facility is expected to open before year end and products will be available to the Asian market in the second quarter of 2019. According to Frost & Sullivan, the Asian healthcare industry is projected to surge by more than 11 percent to $517 billion in 2018, one of the world’s fastest rates.
Resource: journalinquirer.com, beckersspine.com